As the doctors warned us in the beginning that Piercen's progress would be a roller coaster ride and for the first time since he was born we have come to this. As I posted before the nurse practitioner said that Piercen may get to come home on Wednesday and his feeding tube was taken out, well the feeding tube is back in as of yesterday and he will not get to come home tomorrow.:( The doctors are not satisfied at how much he is eating on his own and want him to gain wait, not loose it They ran a bunch of test on him this morning to check is blood levels to see if maybe he needed another blood transfusion, which at this point his blood levels are good and he will not need a transfusion. They also did another brain scan and that appears to still be getting smaller, this of course is great news. So as we got some bad news we also got good news too, and we are thankful for this. Our tiny man is now 6lbs 1oz!!! As I look back to the day he was born it seems like he has been in our lives for such a short time, but then as I am living it it feels like an eternity. My due date was April 12th so we would have not even gotten to meet him yet, and I am glad that the worst part of it is over. We have gotten this far and I know we will make it the rest of the way.
Thanks for continuing to watch his progress :)
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Posted by Tara at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment