Friday, February 20, 2009

I just want to start off by thanking our entire family for your support over this past month. I could have never made it through my 3 week stay at the hospital with out knowing that my kids were ok and being well taken care of. Although Ashlyn did end up in the emergency room with a "boo boo" that landed her two stitches in her forhead. Thank god she was at my mother in laws house when it happend, apparently Justin freaked out and Nanny had to step in. I want to say thank you for those of you who came to visit, offered to help with the kids, and for being there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. I espically want to thank my wonderful dad who never missed a day at the hospital and took me faithfully on my wheelchair rides. This may sound a little crazy but It was bitter sweet when it was time to come home. My Nurses became a part of my life and were the most Awesome nurses I could ever of asked for. And then we had to leave our baby at the Hospital the hardest thing I ever had to do, I know in my heart that he needs to be there but as a mother I want to be the one taking care of him. This past week as been an emotional rollercoaster for us, we have had our ups and downs with our precious little boy. His poor little body has been fighting so hard and we are so proud of where he his today. The doctors took him off his Nitric Oxide yesterday and today they took him off his ventilator and put him on a regular breathing machine. The doctors also told us that if he has a good night tonight they will take him off the breathing machine and put him in an incubator in the morning. My Uncle Terry came in from San Diego last night to baptize and confirm Piercen this morning. Thank you Uncle Terry for coming so far to do this for our baby. We our hopeful that this will keep him moving in the right direction. Please continue to keep Piercen in your thoughts and prayers as he has come such a long way but still has a long road ahead.

0 comments: