Today was such a good day for Piercen. He had a great night last night and the doctors took him off his breathing machine and moved him into an incubator!! We are so proud of him, the doctors and nurses say this is such a huge milestone. Today I got to change his diaper and give him his first pacifier, he was not quite sure what to do with it as he has not learned how to suck. Piercen got a feeding tube in yesterday and got his first taste of milk, he seems to be tolerating it well. If all goes well tonight I will get to hold him for the first time tomorrow.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man, I guess I never even thought about how you haven't got to hold him yet:( I love how you were so excited about changing his little diaper...it helps me put the meaning of life back into perspective.
That is great news that he is doing so well!
I haven't called because I know your plate is full right now...but PLEASE let me know if I can help with your kiddos...even drop off dinner.
Tara,
Thanks for sharing your info. Piercen is beautful. A year from now I know he will your biggest challenge trying to keep up with him.I can picture him hitting the dogs and getting into everything in sight. I know you think you only have bad luck and that everything has gone to hell in a handbasket but just look at your wonderful bundle of joy and the great family support you have. You are truely blessed. Hang in there and remember that I am here for you any time for any reason.
Jim
keep fighting little Piercen! You are all in our thoughts and prayers! I can't even imagine the roller coaster of emotions Tara. If we can do ANYTHING, please let us know!
Post a Comment